How to Resolve Common Laptops Problems – 2018
Common Laptops Problems Troubleshooting – Hello friends, welcome back. Today I am going to discuss about the problems which we generally face in our computer and laptop with their solutions. As you may have seen, that how much technology has changed our lifestyle and working on computer is included in our daily routine, whether it is official or personal.
Most of the time it helps you in great ways but there are some conditions which gives you the headache and tension. So let’s see what are these PC or laptops problems which give you pain.
- Overheating: You might have observed that you are working on your pc and suddenly you feel that it’s heating up more than normal it does. Sometimes cooling fans start running fast which makes noise. In that condition you may take following steps :
- Check if the ventilation holes are not blocked.
- Always use your laptop/desktop on a hard surface and properly ventilated space.
- Check the processor fan if it runs properly, if not you may need to replace it.
- Check the heat sink, if dirty clean it and apply the coating of silicon paste between processor and the heat sink.
- It may have possible that you are running a program or game that is taking too much processing load, which is making the processor hot because at that time it has to work so fast to execute instructions. Close that program or shut down your pc for some time and let your pc cool down.
- Making too much noise: This PC or laptops problems could be for two reasons: Overheating & Hard Disk.
- For overheating, go to the point one.
- If the reason is your Hard Disk. You should worry about your data on that disk. Because it could be the alarm sign that soon your hard disk is could fail anytime.
- Slow Processing: This is one of the major issues faced by the people. This is could be due to many reasons, like a heavy running program, virus, low hardware configuration, etc.
- For Heavy Running programs: Usually, this laptops problems comes due to low RAM. Check the system configuration & minimum requirement of that software which is creating the problem, it may need higher configuration than you are having on your computer. Sometimes this is not only because of RAM, the software programs need high graphics to run smoothly. In that case, you need to upgrade your graphics card or if you don’t have any then install the one.
- For Virus: You need to install a good antivirus and run full scan.
- Low Hardware Configuration: Upgrade your computer.
- Battery Backup: If you are facing the issue of low battery backup then, you can increase your backup by changing some settings on your laptop. To do this you need to reach to the Power Options by going to Control Panel then, select any Large or Small icons option in the View By tab, and look for Power Options or just by Right click on the Battery icon located at the right corner on the Task Bar. Opt the option, and change its settings as per your need.
- Distorted Screen: This problem arises due to Display; you may have to change it. But before this try out some of these steps.
- For Desktop, Check for any loose connection between the monitor and the CPU. If everything seems fine, then you may need to get repaired your monitor.
- Check if there is UPS or any device creating magnetic field interference is placed nearby the monitor. If yes then keep them in some distance.
- In Laptops, you should have some technical knowledge, because for that you have to open your laptop. In my opinion, if you are not so technically sound, then take some professional‘s help.
- Sometimes a simple restart may help or you may leave your computer off for at least 20 min. and then turn it on.
- BSOD: This generally occurs due to hardware or driver failure. There are some others reasons too, which I have explained in my previous article “Blue Screen Of Death – Troubleshooting”. For the solution of this laptops problems, go through my previous article.
- Virus: This is the problem by which most of the people afraid of and one of the most harmful causes. This makes worried every computer user because it can corrupt your Windows, data hard disk, or steal your data or personal information. Actually, viruses are of different types (like Worms, Spyware, Malware, Trojans, Ransomware, Boot Sector Virus, etc.) and each one harms differently. Some of them remain undetected until launched. So prevention is always better than cure. There are some tips by which you can reduce the risk of getting To prevent this problem you should follow these steps:
- Always use latest updated good antivirus software available in the market.
- While surfing the internet, always try to go to safe & secure sites. Do not click on any link which looks suspicious to you and or claiming prize money or seducing advertisement, asks some expert before going through the links.
- Always scan your Flash Drive, External Harddisk, memory card etc. before opening it with your antiviruses. Set your antivirus settings to autorun scan. So your drive gets scanned just after it plugged in.
- Natural disaster: This is usually not seen everywhere because each country region has some different climatic conditions. Though it can be predicted with the help of the advance technolgy we use today but at some extent and still causes huge damages. Actually, it is not common either but I have mentioned it here because it may help some of the people. This is the condition which has the least chances to protect your computer from getting damaged. But still, You can take full back up of your data and keep it safe where it could survive in any disaster, which you can use later. That is why cloud computing concept is so much helpful in this manner.
Question 1. What is the problem if my laptop does not start?
Answer: First of all disconnect the AC adapter charger cable, and remove the battery. Hold down the power button for at least 15 seconds. Without replacing the battery, plug the charger cable in to the laptop. Now press the power button to turn your laptop. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select ‘Start Windows Normally’, and then press the Enter key.
Question 2. How to fix a laptop freeze or hang problem?
Answer: It is often caused by software related issues or overheating. Check if laptop has any malware, virus, or other malicious software. If it is due to an irresponsive program, try to close it through Task Manager. Well most of the time just a simple restart can resolve the problem.
Question 3. My laptop shows strange colours, distorted screen, what to do?
Answer: First of all, test your laptop with an external monitor, if you see the same distorted screen on the external monitor, then probably your graphics card has failed. Try updating your graphics card drivers.
If it appears normal on the external monitor then the problem is with your laptop display or the video cable. Take it to the service center.
Question 4. How do I make my laptop battery last longer?
Answer: Turn on power saving on your laptop and lower the screen brightness. Close any unnecessary applications or programs running in the background. Charge only when it reaches to 15-20%. If your laptop battery does not giving any backup then it’s the time to replace it with new one.
Question 5. My laptop shows a message Hard Drive Failure and won’t boot at all how to fix it?
Answer: This laptops problems arises mostly when the hard disk drive crashes. In this case you need to replace the hard disk with the new one. We recommend you take a copy or backup of your hard drive data to prevent any such condition. You also should have a good hard disk monitor tool which keeps you updated regarding your hard drive health.